Tuesday, September 5, 2017

From My Collection: Our Own Tea Discs (Ron Darling, Tony Gwynn, Dale Murphy)

Ron Darling on an Our Own Tea disc.
Does anyone know what "Our Own Tea" was? Obviously it must have been a brand of tea, but I never heard of it. Maybe it was regional? I didn't find anything about it on a quick search of the web -- I either found unrelated stories (mostly about politics, as in the phrase "our own Tea Party"), or found some of these discs for sale. I have exactly three of these, which are all pictured here.  I don't know where I got them, but it must have included in something like a "grab bag" at a show.
Tony Gwynn on an Our Own Tea disc.
Dale Murphy on an Our Own Tea disc.

These have perforations, so the discs must have come connected, and whoever had them before me separated them. I don't know that these three would have been connected to each other, but they would have been connected to something, at least. It's not a great picture of Ron Darling, who I did like as a player at the time, since I remembered him in the 1986 World Series, where he went 1-1 with a 1.53 ERA. The headshots of Gwynn and Murphy are good enough; they're also players I always liked. The backs of the discs are fairly plain, with a brief recitation of the 1986 stats. I'll only bother to include Darling's back:
The back of the Ron Darling Our Own Tea disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment