Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My Unopened Collection, Part 2

This time we have Part 2 of my series, showing the entirety of the unopened part of my collection.
5 packs of Swell Baseball Greats.
5 packs of Pacific Senior Baseball.
In the late 80s, everyone wanted to get in on selling cards.  There was an Exxon station near my dad's office that had a big card section.  That's where I got my Swell and most of my Pacific cards, and I kept some packs unopened.  Here we have 5 packs of Swell Baseball Greats, and 5 packs of Pacific Senior Baseball.  I did open a bunch of both of these, but I guess I kept a few intact.
3 packs of Pacific Legends.
5 packs of Pacific Legends, 2nd Series.
I really like these Pacific Baseball Legends that I got at the Exxon.  This was the same gas station where I believe Dad bought my 1988 Score set that he surprised me with one morning.  And also where I got my 1989 Fleer Billy Ripken "FF" card; if you bought the 1989 Fleer wax box from them, you could open it right there until you found the FF card.  If your box didn't have one, then they'd give you one.
6 packs of 1990 Minor League Cards.
9 packs of 1990 Topps Traded.
I think I probably got these minor league "pre-rookie" cards there, too.  They tended to stock stuff I didn't see in the card shops.  These 1990 Topps Traded, though, could have come from anywhere.  I thought it was neat at the time to get wax packs of the traded set, but then realized after opening a few that most of the players in the traded set aren't very interesting.  I kept a bunch unopened, then.
4 packs of 1990 Umpire Cards.
1 pack of Pacific Tom Seaver.
I've shown some of this stuff before.  These four packs of 1990 Umpire Cards probably came from the Exxon, too, and the Pacific Tom Terrific probably did as well.  I'm not sure why I bought the Tom Seaver pack; it's the only one I have, I don't have any of the set opened, and I don't care that much about Tom Seaver anyway.  I mean, he's fine and all, but Steve Carlton was the great pitcher of my youth.
1 1988 Topps Rack Pack.
Then, we have some more conventional stuff.  Here's a 1988 Topps rack pack, showing the glossy All-Star card of George Bell, and regular cards of Lenn Sakata and Herm Winningham.
4 1988 Score Rack Packs and 4 1990 Score Rack Packs.
2 1988 Donruss Rack Packs.
I have a few more rack packs.  Four 1988 Score, four 1990 Score, and two 1988 Donruss.  At the time, I had a bunch of 1990 Score that I bought soon after it came out.  And then soon after that, it seemed like 1990 Score was scarce!  It became very valuable!  But not really; now it's as worthless as all the other stuff. 
6 packs of 1984 Topps Rub-Downs and 5 packs of 1985 Topps Rub-Downs.
Finally, I'll conclude this post with these Topps Rub-Downs, which I acquired and posted about just recently.  I kind of regret buying them, because the novelty wears off pretty quickly with them.  But I'll just keep them tucked away with all the other unopened stuff.

Thanks for reading!  I have one more installment coming on my older unopened stuff, before I get to the bunch of 80s unopened stuff I just ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment