Wednesday, October 24, 2018

1990 Topps Minis #23: Kirby Puckett

Today we again feature a card from the 1990 Topps Mini League Leaders set, #23, Kirby Puckett.
#23, Kirby Puckett.
I started watching baseball seriously in 1987, just in time to see Kirby Puckett lead the Twins to their first World Series.  I kept watching seriously a few more years, in time to see them repeat the feat in 1991.  I went looking through my cards in 1987 and was happy to discover that I did have his 1985 Topps rookie card, and then at some point I picked up a second one. They're not in the best condition but those Puckett rookie cards have always meant a lot to me.
Kirby Puckett card back.
Kirby made his way into this league leaders set through several related paths, leading the AL in batting average and in hits in 1989, and coming in second in doubles.  He also was fifth in at-bats and tied for eighth in games played.  Another great year for a great player.

Thanks for reading!  Posts are infrequent these days, as work is incredibly busy, and raising a three-year-old also takes some effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment