Tuesday, June 11, 2019

From my collection: Ralph Kiner Red Man cards

Just a brief post today.  I have seven Red Man cards in my collection, and I've shown the Yogi Berra, the Robin Roberts, the Casey Stengel, and the Duke Snider before.  Today we have the two Ralph Kiners.
1952 Red Man Ralph Kiner card.
1953 Red Man Ralph Kiner.
I've told the story before, that circa 1992 in high school, a friend (who was estranged from her dad) got a bunch of these cards from him.  She didn't want them, and preferred to have cash.  She let me look through them for a few I wanted, and let me figure out how much the ones I wanted were worth, and I bought my seven for that much.  If I had more money, I would have taken more, I'm sure.  Being a Pirates fan, I took more than one Pirate, but maybe the only Pirate there was was Ralph Kiner.  So I got two of him.  You see that all they did to change the picture from year to year was change the background.  They did update the text, though.

So that's it for now.  I said I had seven of these cards, so that leaves Pee Wee Reese as the last one I have to show, which I'll do at some point.  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I never knew that they recycled the photos for the second set, oh well, it's still a cool set.

    ReplyDelete