Wednesday, August 23, 2017

From My Collection: 1991 Topps Travis Fryman

I liked the design of 1991 Topps, with the 40th Anniversary logo in the corner.  This was much better to me than the garish, multicolored 1990 Topps design.  I am very much a less-is-more type when it comes to design choices. 



In reconnecting with my baseball card collection, one thing that interests me is to find out what became of some of the hot rookies of my time.  This 1991 Topps Travis Fryman might not be considered his rookie card -- it looks like he was included in some 1990 sets, such as Fleer Update and Topps Traded.  In any case, I think it's a nice-looking card, with a good action shot.  So, what became of Travis Fryman?  He had a 13-year MLB career from 1990-2002, batting .274, with 224 home runs, 1,022 RBI, and 1,776 hits, was a five-time All-Star, and won one Gold Glove and one Silver Slugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment