Monday, December 18, 2017

Recent Acquisitions for My Player Collections: Parker and Foster

In expanding my player collections for some of my favorite players, I am mostly not looking for base set cards.  There are some exceptions, though, especially for players whose careers, or best years at least, were before the explosion of sets and oddballs in the 80s.
1974 Topps George Foster.
So, I recently picked up this 1974 Topps George Foster.  He's young, and his best days are ahead of him, as he would go on to be a key part of the Big Red Machine's two championships, leading the league in RBI for three years straight (with a whopping 149 in 1977).
1981 Fleer Star Sticker George Foster.
Next, I picked up this 1981 Fleer Star Sticker of him.  I like the Star Stickers, but I didn't realize until recently that some years, the Star Stickers were album stickers.  I thought they were always card-sized stickers with card backs, like this.  I guess they tried different things; I never really liked the album stickers from Topps or Panini, either.
1981 Kellogg's Dave Parker.
I saw this Dave Parker card on COMC, and I had to have it.  I like the Kellogg's cards, and I especially like the large size of the cards in the 1981 set.  I had to have it, though, for the black uniform.
Boardwalk and Baseball Dave Parker.
I really had no idea what Boardwalk and Baseball was, so I had to look it up.  I've had the George Brett Boardwalk and Baseball card for many years.  It turns out it was an attraction in Orlando, linked to the Royals' spring training facility.  Because of that, the Brett card is the most common, or something. 

That's it for last month's acquisitions of Parker and Foster.  There are a couple more on the way already for both of them, which will be blogged about in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment