Saturday, November 16, 2019

Two 1965 Topps Embossed

I have a few memories of my first big baseball card show; it was at the Concordville Inn just over the Pennsylvania line from Delaware, and it would have been on my 13th birthday.  Brooks Robinson was signing autographs.  I saw a lot of things there, and I remember specifically seeing a dealer with a binder of these 1965 Topps embossed cards, which were all new to me.
Frank Robinson.
Ernie Banks.
I never picked any up back then, but now I wanted to get a few into my collection.  I got my first one, Harmon Killebrew, soon after I started collecting again, and blogged about it then.   I wanted a couple more in my binder, and so I picked up these of Frank Robinson and Ernie Banks.  Of course it's always good to get more cards of these guys, and I'm especially partial to Frank Robinson, who I think is one of the very few greatest ever.  The Robinson especially is a little beat up, but I don't mind.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment